Yoga and Meditation
YOGA IS FOR EVERYONE
It’s never too late, it’s never too early, to start practicing yoga
You are invited to practice to access your true self,
creating balance, revitalizing mind, body and spirit…
DO YOU WANT…
- Weight loss
- Mental Health
The aim of yoga is to develop and balance all aspects of your being
– body, mind, emotions and psyche –
taking you towards a more harmonious state of being.
Yoga heals, nourishes and challenges us.
Over time, you will experience increased strength, flexibility and feelings of contentment & relaxation. More importantly, yoga has the effect of changing our level of energy and moods, and a practice needs to be appropriate for us in this way so as to leave us feeling energised, yet calm and relaxed.
Providing a balanced approach, offering some philosophical instruction and meditation, its excellent for loosening stiff joints and for stress relief. An excellent choice to start or continue as you age since it will keep you supple and looking and feeling young.
These classes suit all levels of ability from beginners to beyond and are structured for you to enjoy at your own level of unfoldment. Yoga boosts the body’s capacity to self heal, provides an excellent natural stress relief and may become a way of life!
Please note all classes are open to beginners and beyond (unless otherwise stated)…
There is a yoga style and class that suits every body…
LSD YOGA* FEATURE CLASS
Long… Slow… Deep… learn the art of ‘slowing down’
In this class, focused on floor based postures designed to open the hips, stretch the leg muscles, and create length for the spine –
- find more space in the body and the mind which allows the nervous system to shift towards rest…
- find relaxation in a pose while gaining flexibility from deeper layers inside the body and move into the most peaceful part of the mind…
- learn to accept, let go,and cultivate patience, increase sensitivity and awareness to ripple from the mat into daily life through cultivation of mindfulness…
It’s the perfect session to complement the busyness of life as we find “balance” which is just another name for “health”.
Sessions held regularly – express your interest today!
Check out the Facebook page to discover when the next fix will be!
Bookings are required – 0434 55 77 14
AROMA YOGA* FEATURE CLASS
Transform your yoga practice… enhance your well-being
Aroma Yoga combines and intensifies the holistic effect of two pure & natural teachings: yoga and aromatherapy (the ancient knowledge of healing through the use of natural essential oils).
Like yoga, aromatherapy has been practiced for thousands of years to cleanse, heal and balance the body, mind and emotions. By combining the use of essential oils with your yoga and meditation practices, thus creating the synergistic marriage of two teachings which are perfect in themselves, you will find new and powerful access to physical, mental and emotional benefits, both on and off the mat.
Therapeutic grade essential oils and yoga are a powerful combination for creating increased health and well-being. Some side effects may be relieved physical pain, improved digestion & sleep, mental clarity & focus, eased anxiety & depression and strengthened body-mind connection.
Aroma Yoga enhances the holistic wellness process and renders it magical. Be prepared to bliss out, listening to ambient music, stretching deeply, and experience the profound scents of life
Sessions held regularly – check out the Facebook page to discover when the next float-away-bliss-out will be!
Bookings required – 0434 55 77 14
There are no more secrets about Meditation.
Meditation can reduce stress, alleviate anxiety and depression, increase attention, creativity and deepen compassion for others, among its many other benefits!
Research now proves what yogis have known for millennium – regular meditation actually changes the physical structure of the brain and makes the brain better at cognitive functions such as processing information and forming memories.
But knowing that meditation is good for you is one thing… and to meditate on a daily basis is another. A range of sessions are on offer to help you shift from stress to best!
Try to find your path through meditation, discover your capacity, take advantage of our guidance!
A variety of meditation strategies are offered for you to explore to help the mind chatter begin to settle and entice the mind to find space and allow the gap to grow.
Meditation expands self-awareness and is a tool for the re-discovery of our body’s own inner intelligence. Practiced for thousands of years, it’s not about forcing the mind to be quiet, it’s finding the silence that’s already there and making it a part of your life. Meditation is the art of turning inside to discover our true selves, allowing us to transform our lives into a more compassionate, gratitude filled existence.
Studies on the relaxation response have documented the following short-term benefits to the nervous system:
- lower blood pressure
- improved blood circulation
- lower heart rate
- less perspiration
- slower respiratory rate
- less anxiety
- lower blood cortisol levels
- more feelings of well-being
- less stress
- deeper relaxation
But meditation is not easy!
If you’ve considered taking up meditation but don’t know where to begin, start here to find the technique that’s right for you. Come along to learn simple tips and techniques for creating a successful meditation practice, mastering your monkey mind.
Book into the next session NOW
Just like any muscle, the mind needs training. It actually thinks it’s the boss – it’s calling all the shots. But it’s really a tool for you to channel and master.
“Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now without wishing it were different; enjoying the pleasant without holding on when it changes (which it will); being with the unpleasant without fearing it will always be this way (which it won’t)”
This Mindfulness Training course provides techniques and ways to harness the mind’s amazing power and use it for your good!
meaning Yogic Sleep or sleep awareness… Yoga Nidra creates a state of conscious Deep Sleep. The goal is to leave the waking state, go through the dream state and into the deep sleep state, while remaining fully alert and aware.
This lofty goal is tough for most of us! It is very difficult to let go completely. We live in an overstimulated world where are our attention is split between many things which makes it harder to let go.
Yoga Nidra brings an incredible calmness, quietness & clarity. It is a practice that allows for total and systematic relaxation. Yoga Nidra is one of the deepest of all meditations, leading awareness through many levels of mental process to a state of supreme stillness & insight.
Ideally a daily practice, research has shown that Yoga Nidra helps with menstrual problems, managing glucose levels in diabetic patients, lowering blood pressure and managing the symptoms of PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder).
A wonderful way to wind down, some find it helpful for settling the mind ready for sleep.
(see Gifts for You for free downloads to explore Yoga Nidra in the comfort of your home)
Mantra chanting isn’t the same thing as singing. You don’t have to be perfect or have an 8-octave voice… you just have to desire to open your heart in meditative peace and let your spirit pour out.
Chanting typically involves repeating a mantra or a prayer, commonly in the ancient language of Sanskrit. “Man” means mind and “tra” means across, so a mantra is something that is repeatedly crossing your mind to control your thoughts for meditation. You are giving your hyperactive mind something holy to play with so that it calms down. You can also interpret the word to mean a phrase which allows you to cross over your mind to get to your heart. The words of a mantra are a boat that takes you across the ocean of your mind – assisting in bringing the mind to a state of complete attention – to arrive at the shores of the divine, and can be used as a powerful tool to bring about healing and transformation.
Singing a mantra opens your heart, releases your pain and don’t worry about your voice sounds like – mantra chanting is about awakening our hearts and healing old traumas.
Benefits of incorporating Chanting into your practice –
– Different mantras can be used to bring about specific effects. Certain specific mantras can have an energising effect while others can evoke a calming and relaxing presence
– Chanting creates and promotes health and wellbeing
– Chanting calms, clears, and rejuvenates the mind
– It brings focus into inner stillness and creates space within
– Slowing of the breath and prolonging exhalation
– Enhances awareness of the physical body movement by synchronising with the breath in asana practice
– Enhances and develops the ability to listen, pay attention, fine tune concentration, patience and memory
– Relaxes the body, alleviates stress, agitation, and tension, and lowers blood pressure
– Regulates blood sugar level
– Regulates and balances all body systems
– Strengthens the immune system
– Chanting in a group – the effects are multiplied by the synchronicity of the group
– Chanting is an important tool in meditation
Discover a devotional way of life and come to chant with us!
- Newbies welcome to join any session (unless otherwise indicated)
- Bring your own sticky mat or towel
- You will fill out an enrollment form prior to your first session.
- ALWAYS listen to your body and practice at your own level – “Progression not perfection”. Never move into pain, maintain an attitude of respect and love towards the body. Listen to your body’s whisper… if it is screaming, back off and go to the whisper.
- Awareness, Acceptance & Affection ~ practice with a non-judgmental mindset towards self, with no right/wrong, good/bad… just witness. *** It is not a competition!! *** Observe any tendency to compare yourself to others, and the self talk that occurs.
- Internalization can be assisted by practicing with closed eyes when possible. This removes one of the body’s main senses and enables you to focus on more subtle sensations within the body.
- Stay connected to your breath. Remember BREATHE!! In and out through the nose unless otherwise instructed.
- Wear comfortable clothes – not tight at neck or belly.
- Preferable to wait at least 2 hours following a main meal before you practice. Allow at least ½ hr before the lesson for a light snack. Yoga is best on an empty stomach.
- Women who are menstruating should not practice inverted poses. Please share any changes in medical conditions/pregnancy with the teacher.
- Maintain awareness of the physical environment e.g. closeness of others, walls etc
- Remember you can pass or pause at any moment during the practice… Rest in child, standing or seated pose or lie down in Shavasana.
- If you have any medical condition, ask your doctor before commencing any new exercise routine.
A wide variety of different events, yogic as well as health promoting, are provided throughout the year.
Stay connected to find out what opportunities are coming your way!
WORKSHOP and COURSES OPPORTUNITIES
- Yoga Basics Course
- Yoga for Back & Neck Care Course
- Tweens 2 Teens Course
- Basics 4 Beginners Workshop
- Yoga Immersion Workshop
- Winter ‘Soulstice’ Restorative Reflection
- Karma Kids Course
- Just My Size Yoga
- ‘Just Breathe’ Pranayama Workshop
- ‘Chillaxed Teens’ Explore & Experience Stress Management Strategies
- M.O. Yoga (Men Only)
- DHARMA WELLNESS SERIES
- Stretch 4 the Stiff +/- Stressed Course
OUTREACH (taking Yoga to the community)
- St Lukes Sports Expo Day 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Indigenous Well-being Centre (Healthy Lifestyles Program)
- Bridges Clubhouse – “Introduction to Yoga” 4 week Course
- Move It Expo – Fitness | Health | Well-being 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Care 4 the Carers Expo 2015
FREE HEALTH TALKS ~ presenting information and practical suggestions on a range of common health concerns from a holistic perspective.
WORKPLACE WELL-BEING ~ Ask how you can arrange a staff health initiative in your business for the benefit of your staff’s wellness and productivity.